Mark your calendar and plan to attend Fall Into Fine Craft, the Yellow Breeches Chapter of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen’s annual fine craft show and sale, Saturday and Sunday, October 25th and 26th, 2014 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.at the Carlisle Expo Center, 100 K St. Carlisle PA. The show will feature works created by gifted artisans from across the Commonwealth and surrounding states.
Admission Fee: $5.00
- $5.00 Coupon to use towards your purchase of fine craft at any booth or in the Boutique.
- Door Prize Ticket for hourly drawing.
(Free admission for members of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen)
At the show you will find a wide range of fine art and craft including: jewelry, pottery, textiles, wood, glass, furniture, and much more. Whether you are an experienced collector, new to fine craft, or in search of a perfect gift for someone special – including yourself – you will find what you are looking for here. Fall Into Fine Craft will also feature works by talented area high school students who participate in our Student Art Competition. For additional information about our Student Art Competition please see additional information below.
Interested in participating in our show? Click on the graphic below to learn more about how to apply. Applications are being accepted now!
2014 Craftsmen with Booths
2014 Boutique Participants Include:
|Ann Boncal||Gay McGeary|
|Wendy Edsall-Kerwin||Kim Swenson|
|Joanne Bast||Elaine White|
|Charles Clevenger||Ashley Newhard|
|Lisa Shepler||Soumana Saley|
|Marc Goldberg||Lois Quigley|
|Anne Rhine||Patty Marshall|
|Becky Rovito||Connie Hollenbaugh|
|Amy Kelsey||Cheryl Hayward|
As a way to promote fine art and craft among young people, the Yellow Breeches Chapter of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen invites students from selected area high schools to participate in the Fall Into Fine Craft Student Art Competition. Participating high schools during our 2013 event included Big Spring, Carlisle, Central Dauphin East, Camp Hill, Northern, Trinity, Cumberland Valley, Boiling Springs and Mechanicsburg.
We invite students to submit either 2-dimensional (2-D) or 3-dimensional (3-D) entries, which are displayed at our fine craft show on the last weekend in October. Participating students compete for three cash awards: Grand Prize ($500), Best 2-D Work ($100), Best 3-D Work ($100). Prizes are awarded Saturday afternoon during the show.
Each year brings new artists and a new look. It is exciting to see the creative talents of young artists and we hope that you will attend the show at the Carlisle Expo Center, 100 K St., Carlisle, PA – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday October 25th and 26th 2014.
2013 Grand Prize Winner: Cody Carrich (Grade 12/Central Dauphin) –
Found Object Sculpture / Wood & Metal: “Rusty West”
Additional 2013 Winners
- 1st Place 2-D: Robyn Lowe (Grade 12/Carlisle) - Graphite Pencil Drawing: “Self-Portrait”
- 1st Place 3-D: Zoe Roane Hopkins (Grade 12/Camp Hill) - Wire & Found Objects: “Red Dragon”
- Honorable Mention 2-D: Mary Pugh (Grade 12/Trinity) - Tile Mosaic: “Peacocks & Grapevines”
- Honorable Mention 3-D: Donovan Kendall (Grade 12/Boiling Springs) - Metal & Concrete: “Patio Table”
- Judges Choice – Special Mention: Alfi Nurdin (Grade 12/Central Dauphin) - Acrylic: “Into the Woods”
- Judges Choice – Special Mention: Ahmad Hanapiah (Grade 12/Central Dauphin) - Digital Photography: “Boaters”
The Carlisle Expo Center is located at 100 K Street, Carlisle, PA.